the friday five makes me feel all squishy inside.
1. Would you say that you’re good at keeping in touch with people?
kinda sorta. depends on alot of things.
2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
i like email because i can do it on my own time. i have weird hours, and with phones, or like IM, people have to be awake, and most of the time, that isn’t the case for me. so i can email them, and they can get it when they have the time. the only thing bad with that is waiting.
3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it? yea, i have the 4 main ones (icq, yahoo, msn, and aim). ive had my yahoo and icq the longest. im online with icq, but i rarely recieve messages anymore from it. when i started this site is when i got my msn and aim names, or rather started using my aim name more. seems like 80% of ppl use aim. i like getting IM’s from random people, so no matter what IM you use, you can always get in contact with me.
4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
equally. i dont see distance as something that should limit a close friendship. the internet is amazing at bringing people together. first it use to be just email, then the instant messager boom allowed people to have more contact. and then webcams, and voice chat made it even easy to communicate with people. the only thing thats left is being there with them face to face. thats the only thing the internet cant do… yet. heh.
5. Are you an “out of sight, out of mind” person, or do you believe that “distance makes the heart grow fonder”?
definatly distance makes the heart grow stronger. i dont understand how people can be out of sight, out of mind. when someone’s out of sight, that just makes me want to talk to them more you know? you know, i believe relationships that start on the net have a certain advantage. whether the person lives in your city and you met them on AIM or if they live across the world (and you will eventually see them in real life), you seem to develop a closer relationship. IM allows 2 people to talk more candid. you dont have to worry about things like facial expressions or other little things that will make you feel uncomfortable with them. you can get to know them better as a person and then when you meet them, things seem alot easier because you already know them as a person. but thats just my view on it.